COMMERCIAL LOAN CLOSER
The Commercial Loan Closer is a full-time permanent position responsible for, but not limited to, closing on average 5-10 commercial real estate loans per week.
- Process loan closings including reviewing final loan file, clearing title issues, reviewing loan docs, approving escrow calculations and settlement statements;
- Ensure adherence to company policies prior to disbursements, follow-up requirements and documentation;
- Act as liaison between loan processing, with Loan Closers and AEs, underwriting, title agents, and broker and/or borrower clients;
- Work directly with the borrower, legal counsel, title companies, insurance agents, and vendors to provide problem resolutions;
- Review and comprehend moderately complex loan documentation, loan terms and financial elements for accuracy and consistency with the credit approvals;
- Responsible for ensuring waivers, exceptions or any deviations from policy are adequately documented;
- Act as a bridge between Origination and Loan Servicing with the on-boarding of our closed loans;
- Reviews settlement statements to assure fees and expenses are accounted for and outstanding items are identified;
- Verify all documentation is in order before disbursement of loan proceeds;
- Train and cross-train as needed.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal communication and outstanding customer service skills;
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and handle frequent interruptions;
- Must be able to exude solid writing and communication skills;
- Must possess a superior attention to detail;
- Must have solid computer skill including Word, Excel and Adobe;
- Must have strong problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
- Must have a keen eye for detail and follow instructions to the letter
- Must be patient and willing to help others in solving problems while maintaining a positive attitude at all times
- Associates Degree, or equivalent work experience preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working for a real estate lender, title company, bank closing department, or law firm as a paralegal;
We are an at-will, equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.